Tag cloudaroma beaujolais biodynamics book bordeaux burgundy cellaring chile closures complexity cooking critics england etna faults film food fridge germany glasses greece italy lebanon link madeira majorca manchester matching merchant myth natural note objectivity organic pinot noir portugal restaurant science scores sicily spain subjectivity tasting terroir travel
- @kopwas @VineInspiration Out of 6. Don't take them too seriously. Click on any star rating to go to a page that explains the system.
- RT @dccrossley: Sicily’s Eastern Promise https://t.co/izBglRleJm https://t.co/hM0qKH8W4j
- @VineInspiration Not enough chars! See https://t.co/sZhkglPYsT and click on "sicily" in tag cloud. See "About me" and email me if you like.
- How does a sniff compare to a sip? https://t.co/uFu8kqTK8p
- @WineAlchemy1 Difficult to miss in that uniform! Hope the rats only have B&W vision.
© 2010-2016 Steve Slatcher
Tag Archives: etna
Ben (that’s Benjamin Spencer of Etna Wine Lab) had just shown us around the palmento at our hotel, and ferried us the short distance to the restaurant Da Antonio for this tasting. It was from one palmento to another. This … Continue reading
Monte Ilice and Carpene were both owned by Vini Biondi until 2011, at which point Ciro Biondi and his business partner Giuseppe Brancatelli separated. After the separation, Giuseppe finished up in possession of Monte Ilice and Carpene, and Ciro the vineyards Chianta, San … Continue reading
The cantina of Calabretta, despite being on the main road through Randazzo, is easy to miss. We just about managed to locate it the previous day, Sunday, when it looked pretty much like it did in Street View, shown below … Continue reading
We started our visit to Tenuta delle Terre Nere in the winery office, and met our host Marco Ciancio. The first thing that caught my eye in the office was a large geological relief map of the Etna region. I … Continue reading